Cubed potatoes enveloped in a cheesy sauce with bacon. A magical potato experience that takes only minutes to make in your pressure cooker!
Equipment needed: steamer basket*
- 4 medium russet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk (or half and half or evaporated milk)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup loosely packed bacon crumbles
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into Instant Pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes for potatoes with bite or 5 minutes for softer potatoes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting to release pressure. Remove the lid when able.
- Move steamer basket out of Instant Pot and set aside. Discard the water in the Instant Pot and dry out the liner.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting (NORMAL). Add in the butter and let it melt. When it is melted whisk in the flour, a tablespoon at a time. When it is free of any lumps whisk in a cup of milk. Let it thicken and start to bubble, then whisk in the remaining milk. Let the mixture thicken and come to a boil.
- Turn off Instant Pot and stir in salt, dill, pepper, cheeses and bacon. Once cheese is melted fold in the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot