Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccine–a big bowl of noodles with a creamy tomato sauce, spinach, Italian sausage and parmesan cheese.
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccine
I love this pasta! It’s got the creamy factor thanks to cream cheese. But it’s also got some bite from crushed tomatoes. Plus tons of flavor from Italian sausage. This will please all of your taste buds. I could have kept eating this until it was gone but had to cut myself off.
A few notes about the recipe:
The noodles. I chose to use fettuccine noodles. You can use other types of pasta like cavatappi, penne, macaroni or linguine. Sometimes fettuccine, linguine and spaghetti noodles stick together when cooked in the Instant Pot. Make sure to scatter the noodles so they aren’t all in one big clump. Even with a little stickage these noodles were still so tasty.
Crushed tomatoes. I like using crushed tomatoes because they are the perfect cross between chunky diced tomatoes and smooth tomato sauce. They add lots of flavor and texture.
Italian sausage. I buy the ground Italian sausage that is not in casing. I like to buy mild so that it’s not too spicy. Italian sausage gives so much flavor.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Parmesan Fettuccine I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 6 oz spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the Italian sausage and break it up*. Add in the diced onion. Brown the sausage and cook the onions for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for 20 seconds.
- Deglaze the pot with the broth. Turn off the saute setting.
- Break the fettuccine noodles in half so they will be able to fit in the pot. Scatter the noodles unevenly into the liquid so they’re not in one big clump. This will help them from sticking together.
- Place the butter on top of noodles. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, Pour the crushed tomatoes over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes (see note). Once time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add them into the pot. Add in the spinach. Stir well. Break up any clumps of noodles and let the cream cheese melt.
- Remove the pot from the Instant Pot base and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in your 8 quart. Keep the cooking time the same. You can halve this recipe and make it in your 3 quart. Keep the same cooking time.
4 minutes of pressure cook time was enough for me. Several others have stated that 5 minutes was the perfect amount of time.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.