- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pound (16 oz) uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 6 oz spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the Italian sausage and break it up*. Add in the diced onion. Brown the sausage and cook the onions for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for 20 seconds.
- Deglaze the pot with the broth. Turn off the saute setting.
- Break the fettuccine noodles in half so they will be able to fit in the pot. Scatter the noodles unevenly into the liquid so they’re not in one big clump. This will help them from sticking together.
- Place the butter on top of noodles. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, Pour the crushed tomatoes over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes (see note). Once time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add them into the pot. Add in the spinach. Stir well. Break up any clumps of noodles and let the cream cheese melt.
- Remove the pot from the Instant Pot base and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make this in your 8 quart. Keep the cooking time the same. You can halve this recipe and make it in your 3 quart. Keep the same cooking time.
4 minutes of pressure cook time was enough for me. Several others have stated that 5 minutes was the perfect amount of time.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian