Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Primavera—pasta and chicken with lots of vegetables in a creamy parmesan sauce.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Primavera
I don’t know about you but I love dinners like this! An all in one pot meal with lots of different ways you can clean out your produce drawer and freezer. Plus the fact that it tastes so flavorful is a major win.
For this Instant Pot creamy chicken primavera I used what vegetables I had on hand at my house: frozen carrots, canned green beans, diced canned tomatoes and frozen peas. It could have easily been made with cauliflower, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and corn. Really this is a mix and match meal that doesn’t have many rules.
You might be wondering why I only used a 1 minute pressure cooking time. The reason is because the pot is so full that it takes a while to come to pressure. The whole time the pressure is building the pasta is cooking. My pasta was cooked perfectly with the 1 minute pressure cooking time.
How to build your own Instant Pot creamy chicken primavera:
- Saute onions and chicken in a little butter. Add in seasonings to coat the chicken.
- Add in broth.
- Add in pasta. I used rigatoni pasta but you could easily use penne pasta, rotini, cavatappi or macaroni.
- Add in vegetables that can be pressure cooked in layers. Start with heartier vegetables and end with the most tender on top. Some examples of vegetables you can use are sliced carrots, mushrooms, fresh green beans, corn and cauliflower.
- Add cream cheese on top. Pressure cook for 1 minute with a quick release.
- Stir in any other vegetables that are too tender to pressure cook (peas, canned green beans, zucchini, peppers, etc.)
- Thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry and parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and top with fresh basil.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Pasta Primavera–Fresh green beans, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini.
Instant Pot Vegan Butternut Squash Soup–thick and creamy, with loads of fall flavors.
Instant Pot Chicken Florentine–flavorful orecchiette pasta, chicken and spinach in a parmesan cheese sauce made quickly with only a handful of ingredients and all in one pot.
Instant Pot Greek Spaghetti–spaghetti with a Greek flare with lemon, feta, cucumber, yogurt, tomatoes and more!
Instant Pot Zucchini Linguine–watch me demonstrate how to make this delicious pasta meal.
Pasta and chicken with lots of vegetables in a creamy parmesan sauce.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz rigatoni
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced frozen or fresh carrots
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (14.5 oz) can green beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and melt. Add in the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the chicken cubes and toss. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the salt, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Add in the the rigatoni, then tomatoes, carrots and cream cheese. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and stir in the peas and beans. In a small bowl stir together 3 Tbsp of cornstarch with ¼ cup milk, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart pot with no changes. Halve the recipe in the 3 quart pot.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Primavera by 365dayscrockpot on Jumprope.Copy to clipboa
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.