Instant Pot Country Dinner is a quick and easy dinner made with fresh red potatoes, ground beef, ranch dressing mix and grated cheese. A simple meat and potatoes meal!
Instant Pot Country Dinner
This is a delicious meat and potatoes type of dinner that is made fast and easy in your Instant Pot. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes! The ranch dressing mix really gives the potatoes such great flavor. My household loved this easy dinner and I think you’ll love it too.
- Lean ground beef–or ground turkey
- Minced dried onion–or 1 cup diced fresh onion
- Black pepper
- Dry ranch dressing mix–I buy the big container of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix from Costco
- Beef broth–or 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- Red potatoes–or Yukon gold potatoes or peeled Russet potatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded pepper jack cheese–or monterey jack, colby jack
- Brown beef: Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When displays says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown the beef for about 4-5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Season the beef: Stir in the pepper and 2 Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix.
- Deglaze the pot: Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the potatoes into the pot.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Finish it off: Add in the remaining 2 Tbsp of ranch dressing mix. Gently stir. Fold in the cheeses and let melt. Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Serve with roasted vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other recipes you can make with red potatoes are Karen’s Campfire Potatoes (Instant Pot) and Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Potato Casserole.
- Other recipes you can make with ranch dressing mix are Instant Pot Mashed Ranch Cauliflower and Instant Pot Magic Beef.
5 More Instant Pot Recipes with Ranch Dressing Mix
Instant Pot Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes
An easy to make, hearty dinner of cubed potatoes, ground beef, cheddar and crumbled bacon. Lots of delicious flavors in one pot.
Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes are served with ranch seasoned pork chops and gravy. All made in one pot!
Instant Pot Bacon Ranch Chicken
The easiest and yummiest chicken! With only 6 ingredients this is a perfect weeknight dinner. Serve plain, in wraps or on top of buns.
Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Potatoes
Tender cubes of red potatoes covered in a flavorful cheesy sauce. With only a 2 minute pressure cook time this recipe comes together so quickly.
Instant Pot Chicken Ranch Mac & Cheese
Pasta with white cheddar, crumbled bacon and tender rotisserie chicken. A one pot meal that is a family favorite!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Instant Pot Country Dinner
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
A quick and easy dinner made with fresh red potatoes, ground beef, ranch dressing mix and grated cheese. A simple meat and potatoes meal!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp minced dried onion or 1 cup diced onion
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix, divided
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When displays says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown the beef for about 4-5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in the pepper and 2 Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the potatoes into the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add in the remaining 2 Tbsp of ranch dressing mix. Gently stir. Fold in the cheeses and let melt. Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
my red potatoes were bad so I used 2 large russets, diced with the skin on. I also only had 1 packet of ranch so I added a packet of Italian dressing mix. I used a mix of some Mexican cheese and a little cheddar, it’s just what I had in the fridge. I would 100% make this again! served it with some leftover steamed broccoli. a nice meal that you can improvise with what you have! love it. thank you!
Love those improvisations!
Delicious!!! I’m new to the Instant Pot and love this recipe!!!
Thanks Beth! Glad you are here 🙂
I subbed brown gravy for the ranch because my husband doesn’t like ranch. Turned out amazing! 😋 Definitely adding to our rotation.
Great idea! Thanks for the tip 🙂
This is a keeper. And so easy.
Thanks for the 5 stars Jen!
Cheryll Callistro says
This is a keeper! It was so good. Not many leftovers and there are only 2 of us.
I thought I messed it up, I let it go for almost 9 min. NR. I thought I would have mush but I didn’t.
My husband liked it, so it will go on our fall/winter rotation.
I followed the recipe as written.
I can’t wait to try more of the recipes with the dry ranch dressing. I was lucky and got it on sale at Costco.
Glad you liked it Cheryll! Thanks for the 5 stars.