Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Potato Casserole–the easiest and the tastiest potatoes! Red potatoes with ranch dressing, cheddar and bacon made quickly with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Potato Casserole
Me to my son, “I feel like every bite I taste gets better and better.”
My son to me, “Let me test that theory. Yes, that is a valid statement.”
I just loved these potatoes so much! I didn’t think with just 5 ingredients they’d be so amazing. But they were. This dish comes together in a snap! You can serve it alongside any dinner you’d like (ham, chicken, pork chops, steak, etc.).
The key to these potatoes is the brand of ranch dressing that you use! Make sure to purchase the Olive Garden brand of ranch I mention in the recipe card. It is the best! I can’t guarantee the results of this recipe if you use an off-brand of ranch. I’ve seen this brand at all the grocery stores I shop at so it shouldn’t be hard to find. I think you’ll really love it.
- Red potatoes–the red potatoes hold up well and I love the skins! You don’t even have to peel the potatoes. You can also try using peeled Russet potatoes for this recipe.
- Seasoned salt–I used Lawry’s brand
- Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch Dressing–it’s so good and I’ve seen it at lots of different grocery stores (winco, smiths, walmart, costco, etc.)
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese–I like to shred mine off the block. It melts better and tastes better than pre-shredded cheese.
- Bacon crumbles–I used these for convenience sake. I find these in the aisle next to the salad dressings. You can also fry up some bacon and crumble it.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. This will bring the pot to pressure.
- Wash potatoes and cut into half inch cubes. Place potatoes into steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into bottom of Instant Pot. I like using the Avokado brand silicone steamer basket.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let pot sit 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid. If the potatoes are cut into half inch cubes they only need a 1 minute pressure cook time. If your potatoes are still hard you can always add more time if the potatoes aren’t done to your liking.
- Remove the steamer basket. Dump out the water and dry out the Instant Pot. Dump the potatoes into the Instant Pot. Fold in the seasoned salt, ranch dressing. cheddar and bacon. By folding in the remaining ingredients you won’t end up with mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately. I found that these didn’t hold well on the keep warm setting. I recommend eating immediately. Or you can keep them in the steamer basket on the keep warm setting until you’re ready to serve. Then you can quickly stir in everything and serve.
- These potatoes make a great side dish to any meat like honey baked ham, grilled steaks, marinated pork chops, roasted chicken, etc. Serve alongside some asparagus or green beans.
- Try topping the potatoes with chopped chives or green onions.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- This recipe is gluten-free!
- If you’d like to try a low carb version of this recipe try using cauliflower florets instead of cubed potatoes. Cook them for a zero minute pressure cook time with a quick release.
- Other recipes you can make with red potatoes are Instant Pot Meatballs And Red Potatoes With Creamy Parmesan Sauce, Instant Pot Lemon Herbed Chicken And Red Potatoes, Instant Pot Cajun Sausage, Potatoes And Green Beans and Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken And Vegetables.
More Potato Instant Pot Recipes…
- Instant Pot Ruth’s Chris Copycat Potatoes
- Instant Pot Man Lovin Potatoes
- Instant Pot Classic Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Potato Casserole
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Get a daily Instant Pot recipe delivered to your email!Print
The easiest and the tastiest potatoes! Red potatoes with ranch dressing, cheddar and bacon made quickly with your Instant Pot.
- 2 pound red potatoes
- 3/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Wash potatoes and cut into half inch cubes. Place potatoes into steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let pot sit 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket. Dump out the water and dry out the Instant Pot. Dump the potatoes into the Instant Pot. Fold in the seasoned salt, ranch dressing. cheddar and bacon.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
Stay in touch!
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.