All the flavors from chicken pot pie in a soup! This super easy recipe is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker. It can be made with raw chicken or leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve the soup topped with a biscuit to make it feel like the crust of a pot pie.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes (OR 3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cups cubed potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 oz cooked and crumbled bacon (I used the pre-cooked bacon bits available by the salad dressings and croutons)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Biscuits to serve on the side, optional
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around. When it is melted add in the onion. Saute for 3 minutes and then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Stir in the chicken and then sprinkle it with the salt and pepper and stir. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Then add in mushrooms, potatoes and bacon.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Steam the frozen veggies according to package directions in the microwave or just throw them into the pot raw and they’ll cook eventually. Turn the pot to the saute setting and stir in the cream cheese until it is melted. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot and let it thicken the soup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with biscuits.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot