Instant Pot Alfredo Sausage Pasta—flavorful bites of smoked sausage with a creamy sauce that envelopes spaghetti noodles.
Instant Pot Alfredo Sausage Pasta
I loved the Instant Pot Skinny Chicken Alfredo so much from Monday that I decided to make a spin off of it with smoked sausage and spaghetti instead of chicken and linguine. It was a perfect choice since the smoked sausage brought so much flavor and the spaghetti noodles seemed to be the perfect vehicle to get more alfredo sauce into my mouth. My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures.
Some ideas for next time:
- One thought would be to stir steamed broccoli florets into the finished product to add a pop of color and more nutrition. I didn’t do this because I didn’t have any broccoli on hand. But next time I totally will. Broccoli florets should not be pressure cooked because they will turn into mush. Here is how I steam broccoli in the Instant Pot.
- Add some sliced mushrooms into the pot with the other ingredients. I am a huge mushroom fan. Unfortunately my kids are not. Boo.
- 16 ounces of pasta is a lot. It serves about 6-8 people. The amount of smoked sausage added to the pot could be increased to have a higher meat to pasta ratio.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Alfredo Sausage Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Flavorful bites of smoked sausage with a creamy sauce that envelopes spaghetti noodles.
- 1 (13 oz) package smoked sausage
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- Slice the smoked sausage into quarter inch rounds and place them in the bottom of the Instant Pot in an even layer.
- Break the spaghetti in thirds and fan them out so that they aren’t in one big clump. Pour the broth around the sides of the pot.
- Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and butter.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes, then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the noodles. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the cornstarch into the milk until smooth and then pour the mixture into the pot. Stir in the parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken up quickly. Turn off the saute setting.
- Serve the pasta and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.