Instant Pot Chick-fil-A Mac and Cheese–a copy cat version of Chick-fil-A mac and cheese. It’s a classic macaroni and cheese recipe with 3 types of cheeses made easy with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chick-fil-A Mac and Cheese
Creamy and cheesy and ultra comfort food. Mac and cheese is something that only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes but every time I make it the kids go crazy. They think they have hit the jackpot. This version is a copy cat version of the Chick-fil-A’s mac and cheese. It’s got American (or cheddar) and parmesan cheeses stirred in with the cooked macaroni and then Colby jack crusted on top with the help of your air fryer lid (or oven).
The hardest part of making mac and cheese is grating the cheese. I like to grate the cheese straight off the block because it melts better and there are no powdery additives like you get with the pre-shredded cheeses. I do have a cool gadget* that helps me grate my cheese really fast but even if you don’t it’s worth it! Just pop the water, macaroni and salt into your Instant Pot and while that is cooking grate your cheese.
This recipe does use heavy cream (mmmm) for ultimate creaminess. However you could easily substitute with half and half or whole milk (or skim milk if you really want to).
American cheese is the recommended cheese to make with this recipe because it melts so well, doesn’t get stringy and the oils don’t separate out of the cheese. You can ask at the deli counter for them to cut you off a large chunk of it. If you don’t want to use American cheese you can also use shredded sharp or medium cheddar.
This recipe makes about 4 large dinner portion servings or 8 smaller side dish servings. You can easily double this recipe in the 6 or 8 quart pots. Just double all the ingredients but keep the cooking time the same.
More Mac and Cheese Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A copy cat version of Chick-fil-A mac and cheese. It’s a classic macaroni and cheese recipe with 3 types of cheeses made easy with your Instant Pot.
- 2 cups water or broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6–8 oz American cheese (cubes) or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- Add water, macaroni and salt to Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream. Stir in the American and Parmesan cheeses until melted.
- Add colby jack on top of the pasta. Place air fryer lid on top and cook for 3 minutes at 400° F, or until cheese begins to brown. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can do this step under your oven’s broiler.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can make this in your 3, 6 or 8 quart pot with no changes. Doubles easily in the 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.