A copy cat version of Chick-fil-A mac and cheese. It’s a classic macaroni and cheese recipe with 3 types of cheeses made easy with your Instant Pot.
- 2 cups water or broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6–8 oz American cheese (cubes) or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- Add water, macaroni and salt to Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream. Stir in the American and Parmesan cheeses until melted.
- Add colby jack on top of the pasta. Place air fryer lid on top and cook for 3 minutes at 400° F, or until cheese begins to brown. If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can do this step under your oven’s broiler.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can make this in your 3, 6 or 8 quart pot with no changes. Doubles easily in the 6 or 8 quart pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot