Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese–creamy, cheesy pasta with fresh spinach and chopped artichokes is a perfect way to indulge while sneaking in some greens.
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese
One of my very favorite things to order at a restaurant is spinach artichoke dip. It is just so creamy and delicious. I decided to bring some of the flavors of this popular dip home by making a pasta dish with some of the same flavors.
Unlike most spinach artichoke dips I decided to use fresh spinach instead of frozen spinach. I always have fresh spinach at my house because I buy the huge bag from Costco. If you wanted to use frozen spinach I believe that you totally could. Just thaw it and drain as much water as possible off of it before adding it into the pot. I went heavy on my spinach because I wanted there to be a lot of greens in my dish but if you’re not a huge spinach fan you could cut back.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Creamy, cheesy pasta with fresh spinach and chopped artichokes is a perfect way to indulge while sneaking in some greens.
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth (or water or vegetable broth)
- 16 ounces (1 pound) cavatappi, cellentani or macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 or 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Add in the uncooked pasta and salt.
- Cover and secure lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit there for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the artichokes and spinach. Stir the spinach in until it is wilted and cooks down. Add in the Monterey jack cheese and the parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle in a bit of red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
If you wanted to use frozen spinach I believe that you totally could. Just thaw it and drain as much water as possible off of it before adding it into the pot.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Mac and Cheese? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Pin this recipe for later!