Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese–Cheeseburgers and macaroni and cheese all in one delicious and easy to make dish!Print
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Cheeseburgers and macaroni and cheese all in one delicious and easy to make dish!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni or cellentani noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large pickle, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Turn pressure cooker onto sauté function. Once the pot is heated up, add in the ground beef. Brown the beef and then transfer it to a colander and drain off extra grease. Set aside.
- Add noodles, butter, ground mustard, salt and water to pressure cooker. Cover and make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the manual button for 3 minutes. Once the timer goes off let the pot sit for 5 minutes, then release the rest of the pressure by moving valve to “venting.”
- Turn the pressure cooker to the sauté function. Stir in the evaporated milk and slowly add in the cheese while stirring constantly. In time, the sauce will thicken up and the macaroni will become coated with a creamy, cheesy sauce. Gently stir in the beef, pickles and tomatoes. Turn off the pressure cooker. Scoop macaroni into bowls and serve.
This is fabulous!!! My family loves this creamy and delicious recipe. We do typically leave out the tomato and pickle though.
Thanks for the 5 stars Amy!
Sarah Thomas says
Ugh. I made the regular mac and cheese recently and it was a hit so I wanted to make the cheeseburger macaroni and cheese. I tried 3 times and each time, my Instant Pot got to the cook phase and just ticked down to 2:59 and stayed there. Super frustrating.
I pressed the “pressure cook” button, then custom and 3 minutes. Prior to that, I noticed my “keep warm” button was on so I shut it off. I then pressed “start.” What am I doing wrong? Also, it seemed to releasing some steam during cooking. Then when I released it manually, it let off a lot of steam with a little white foam at the top. So puzzled. I love the Instant Pot and luckily my bf has other stuff to eat, but now I’m confused.
I think that the 2:59 means you set it for 3 hours not 3 minutes.
My family loves this recipe, the only kind of pasta I have now is spaghetti. Would I still cook it for 3 minutes? Thank you!
Yes 3 minutes works well for spaghetti. Break it up a bit and cross layer it.
Thanks so much!
Is it possible to add some vegetables to this? What would you suggest?
To make it more like a cheeseburger I would toss in diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce after it has pressure cooked 🙂
Evaporated milk has sugar so I will need to substitute. Do you think an alternative milk such as cashew milk will work ?
Sure. Or cream or half and half.
Wow just finished eating it wwas a hit
Do I drain thebnoodles before adding milk and cheese?
Patricia Carr says
Could you send all kinds of recipe. Thankyou
Made this last night! I was concerned that just 8oz of pasta would not feed the 3 people I had to feed so I increased everything – also because I had a 12oz can of evaporated milk. I think I got the water ratio wrong because it was still too much liquid when I took the lid off after releasing according to the directions. The pasta was done perfectly. Next time I would add more cheese than I did, but, I think the proportion is probably good for 8oz, so not a complaint about the recipe. This tasted good, we topped with ketchup. I just wish it had said which cheeses were in that Sargento blend because they don’t have it at my grocery store. Adding pickles and tomato was a good way to evoke that cheeseburger feeling – next time I’ll try adding a little thousand island dressing, because I’ve had an amazing “big mac pizza” and it was SO close to the same thing! Thank you for sharing this 🙂
Good call on the thousand island!!