Instant Pot 3-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese–creamy, cheese mac and cheese with toasted panko breadcrumbs on top.
Instant Pot 3-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
This mac and cheese is decadent and over the top delicious. It makes a whole lot and is perfect to bring to a potluck or to serve a crowd.
I used my new CrispLid* to toast the panko breadcrumbs and it brought the macaroni and cheese to a whole new level. I made a video to demonstrate this recipe. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel where I post weekly Instant Pot videos.
More Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot 3-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Creamy, cheese mac and cheese with toasted panko breadcrumbs on top.
- 3 ¾ cups water
- 16 oz uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces grated colby jack cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Add in the macaroni, butter, salt, pepper and ground mustard.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir in the milk. Then stir in the cheeses a couple of cups at a time until all the cheese is stirred in and creamy and smooth.
- Optional breadcrumb topping: Unplug your Instant Pot. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni and cheese. Place your CrispLid on top of the pot. Click the lid into place and set the temperature to 500 degrees and the timer to 4 minutes. When the time is up remove the lid and serve the mac and cheese. If you don’t have a CrispLid then you can scoop the mac and cheese into a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and broil in your oven until the breadcrumbs are toasted.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.