Brown rice is pressure cooked with enchilada sauce and spices in minutes and then topped with sharp cheddar, diced avocado and a wedge of lime.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1–2 cups sharp grated cheddar (depending on how cheesy you want it)
- 1 avocado diced
- Sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Add rice, water, enchilada sauce, black beans, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the Instant Pot. Don’t stir. Just layer the ingredients. Cover and turn valve to “sealing.” Press the manual button and set timer to 22 minutes. When timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice and cheddar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve rice topped with diced avocado, sour cream, lime wedge and cilantro.
I used my Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers.
Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe
- Method: Instant Pot
- Calories: 265
- Sodium: 312 mg
- Fat: 7.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40.8 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Protein: 8.7 grams