Instant Pot Caramel Dipping Sauce (Dulce De Leche)–if you’re a fan of all things sweet and caramelly you’re going to love this dulce de leche that is a perfect dipping sauce for apples or to pour over ice cream. The best part is that all you need is your electric pressure cooker and a can of sweetened condensed milk.
Click here for the SLOW COOKER VERSION of this recipe.
Instant Pot Caramel Dipping Sauce (Dulce De Leche)
You know what’s amazing? The fact that you can turn a can of sweetened condensed milk into a caramel dipping sauce with your Instant Pot (or slow cooker for that matter). It’s just magical. Basically all you do is pour the sweetened condensed milk into little jars and place those jars on the trivet in the bottom of your electric pressure cooker. Add some water to the bottom of the pot and cook for 20 minutes and you’ll have the cutest little jars of goodness. My favorite way to eat this caramel sauce is to dip apples into it. It’s ultra sweet so granny smith apples balance it out a bit. These are a fun gift to give to a friend. Wrap up an apple in cellophane and throw in a little jar of caramel sauce. Who can resist that?
Caramel Recipes for National Caramel Day
I myself am a chocolate girl but I’m not going to hate on caramel anything. It’s all delicious to me. Especially chocolate with caramel (oh and peanut butter and coconut too). Today, April 5th, is national caramel day and I’ve joined with some food blogger friends to bring you some amazing caramel recipes that you need to try stat!
Chocolate Dipped Caramel Marshmallows from Ashlee Marie
Coconut Chocolate Caramel Nests from Life Made Simple
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Baking with Blondie
Caramel Pretzel Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
Caramel Banana Bread from Yellow Bliss Road
Caramel Sauce from Creations by Kara
Chai Creme Brulee from Foodie with Family
Turtle Cake from Real Mom Kitchen
Smoky Salted Caramel Creme Brulee from Hey Grill Hey
Iced Caramel Macchiato from Gather For Bread
Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Namely Marly
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Caramel Dipping Sauce I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon. When I made a similar recipe in the slow cooker I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker.
Send Me Free Recipes
If you’d like to see all the new recipes that I’m making sign up to receive my emails below! This is a free service and you can unsubscribe at any time.
–>>Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe<<–
Instant Pot Caramel Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 (3 oz) jars
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 (3 oz) canning jars
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and pour the contents evenly into the 3 canning jars. Put the lids on the canning jars and close.
- Place the cans on the top of the trivet that has been placed in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Fill the Instant Pot with enough water to come up to about a 1/2 inch below the tops of the jars.
- Cover the Instant Pot and place valve on “sealing.” Press the manual button and set timer to 50 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally. Once you can open the pot do so and carefully remove the jars with tongs and place on a towel or cooling rack. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Remove the lids and give a quick stir. Place lids back on and store in the refrigerator until they are ready for use.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!