Oh hi there BEST HOT CHOCOLATE of MY LIFE!
Sorry to do the all caps thing but seriously I need to express how much I love this hot chocolate. It is a rich chocolatey dessert in a mug. It is velvety and creamy and almost too easy to make. It has notes of salted caramel but it doesn’t overpower the chocolate. I need to throw a christmas party just so I can serve this hot chocolate. I need to bottle this hot chocolate and bring it to people that I really want to be friends with. I need to run 9 miles a day so I can drink this hot chocolate from one of those bottles that you hide in a brown paper bag all day long.
Bottom line. I love this hot chocolate and you will too 🙂
Get the INSTANT POT version here.
The yummiest hot chocolate ever! Make it and keep it warm in your slow cooker.
- 12 cups of milk (I’ve used skim to whole)
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk or an equal amount of caramel ice cream topping (I’ve also just used regular sweetened condensed milk and it has been great)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I like the Costco brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pour all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until chocolate is melted and milk is hot. Mine took 1 1/2 hours, but my slow cooker cooks fairly fast. Each slow cooker will vary.
- Whisk very thoroughly. Turn slow cooker to warm. Serve hot chocolate in mugs with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- If there are leftovers you can pour the hot chocolate into a pitcher with a lid and store in the refrigerator. Each time before drinking, stir with a whisk.
Ideal slow cooker size: 6 quart
- Cook Time: 2 hours