Bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts of thighs, trimmed of excess fat (can be frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I like to use mild)
- 6 pitas
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
- 6 Tbsp chopped celery
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- Optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- If your chicken is frozen place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the chicken on top of the trivet. Pour the cup of broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot. If your chicken is not frozen place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour in the cup of broth. Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” If you’re using chicken thighs set the manual timer (pressure cook button) for 22 minutes (high pressure). If you’re using chicken breasts set the manual timer (pressure cook button) for 10 minutes (high pressure). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot and drain and discard the liquid. Shred the chicken and pour in the buffalo sauce. Stir in well.
- Spoon a tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing down the middle of a warm pita. Then top with about 1/3 cup of chicken. Sprinkle with chopped celery and a few bleu cheese crumbles. You can also add lettuce and tomato, if you desire.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe.
- Method: Instant Pot