A fast and easy way to make fried rice. My version has a pound of browned ground beef.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up*. Add in the salt. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the broth. Add in the rice, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then release the pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the rice so that it doesn’t burn. When the Instant Pot says HOT make a well in the middle of the rice and add in the eggs. Scramble the eggs and then stir them into the rice. Turn off the pot.
- If using peas run hot water over them in a colander and then stir them into the rice. The hot rice will cook them quickly. Season to taste with extra salt and pepper and soy sauce, if needed.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can add in many other items to your fried rice according to your preference. For example, stir fry veggies, peppers, fresh garlic, ginger and green onion are all tasty ideas.
If you want to use a different type of rice see the green chart above.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian