Instant Pot Beef and Noodles–a hearty beef and noodles dish with tons of flavor! This is an easy recipe that takes only a few minutes of prep.
Note: the SLOW COOKER instructions are listed in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Beef and Noodles
This recipe reminds me a lot of the Mississippi Beef Noodles. They are both made with frozen egg noodles and a roast. They both have a vinegar-y tang. Both are absolutely delicious! However, this recipe has ingredients that I am personally more likely to have around the house. I will definitely be making this in the future. It was gobbled up in no time.
- Where do you find frozen egg noodles? Look in the freezer aisle at your grocery store. I found mine by the frozen breads. The kind that I used were the “Grandma’s” brand. They look more like thick fettuccine noodles than egg noodles. They taste like homemade pasta and I think are a non-negotiable in making this recipe! If you want you can also use regular dry egg noodles. Add them into the pot but only pressure cook for 5 minutes instead of 10.
- What kind of roast can I use? I used a chuck roast that was trimmed of excess fat and cut into quarters. You can also use a rump roast.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot. To make in the 3 quart pot halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
More Amazing Instant Pot Beef Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A hearty beef and noodles dish with tons of flavor! This is an easy recipe that takes only a few minutes of prep.
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 pound chuck roast, cut off excess fat and cut it into quarters
- 16 ounces frozen egg noodles
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Take the frozen noodles out of the freezer and lay them on the counter to thaw.
- Add broth, vinegar, garlic, onion powder, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper and chuck roast into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 60 minutes. When time is up let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Move valve to venting, remove the lid.
- Place the roast on a cutting board.
- Add the noodles into the pot and break apart as much as you can. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. While the noodles are cooking shred up the meat. When time is up on Instant Pot move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir the meat into the pot and let the liquid absorb into the noodles and meat for a few minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add broth, vinegar, garlic, onion powder, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper and chuck roast into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Remove the beef and shred. Add it back into the slow cooker.
- Add the noodles into the slow cooker and cover completely with liquid.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 1 more hour, stirring every now and then so the noodles don’t stick to the sides of the crockpot. Break up the noodles as you can.
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe can easily be halved. Halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes (plus NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.