Instant Pot Bacon Barbecue Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes–the best flavored meatloaf ever is cooked at the same time and in the same pressure cooker as your mashed potatoes. Add a tossed salad and you have a complete meal ready to go in just a few minutes.
Instant Pot Bacon Barbecue Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes
Usually meatloaf is one of those meals that is pretty neutral for me. I don’t love it and I don’t hate it. Today that is no longer the case. I LOVE meatloaf. More specifically I love this instant pot bacon barbecue meatloaf with mashed potatoes. The flavor was absolutely delicious and my whole family scarfed it down in like 2.2 seconds. We all wished that I had made more!
You need to make this recipe this week for dinner. The reasons?
- It has bacon in it and the bacon gives the meatloaf an amazing flavor.
- You can make mashed potatoes and meatloaf at the same time, in the same pot, in 20 minutes.
- The consistency of the meatloaf is perfect. It’s not mushy, it’s not dry.
- Mashed potatoes are delicious and these garlic mashed potatoes are the only kind I make these days.
I know you’ll love this meatloaf! Promise.
Here is a video of my daughter, Reagan, making this meatloaf. Summer project!
You may also like these other recipes…
Slow Cooker Homestyle Ground Turkey Meatloaf
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Baby Carrots with Mint from Boulder Locavore
Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Mash from Kalyn’s Kitchen
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Bacon Barbecue Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes recipe I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
The best flavored meatloaf ever is cooked at the same time and in the same pressure cooker as your mashed potatoes. Add a tossed salad and you have a complete meal ready to go in just a few minutes.
- 10-12 small to medium yellow yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb lean ground beef*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place them in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the bay leaf, 1 tsp kosher salt and garlic cloves. Pour in the water. Place the trivet on top of the potatoes with the handles facing up.
- In a bowl combine the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, egg, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, bbq sauce and bacon. Use your clean or gloved hands to mix thoroughly.
- On the top of a piece of non-stick foil form the meat mixture into a oblong shape that will fit inside your Instant Pot. Carefully transfer the foil and the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
- Cover and secure the lid and press the manual button. Set the timer for 20 minutes on high pressure. The valve should be set to sealing. When the timer goes off do a quick release by moving the valved to venting.
- Open the lid and lift the foil and place on a pan. Baste the top of the meatloaf with bbq sauce and place under the broiler in your oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the trivet. Discard the bay leaf. Drain all the water out of the pot. Add in the butter, sour cream and milk. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the potatoes.
*I made this once with beef and once with ground turkey. I definitely like the beef better but the ground turkey was also good.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love Instant Pot and crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!
Pin this recipe for later!