Flavorful bites of smoked sausage with a creamy sauce that envelopes spaghetti noodles.
- 1 (13 oz) package smoked sausage
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- 3 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- Slice the smoked sausage into quarter inch rounds and place them in the bottom of the Instant Pot in an even layer.
- Break the spaghetti in thirds and fan them out so that they aren’t in one big clump. Pour the broth around the sides of the pot.
- Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and butter.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes, then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the noodles. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir the cornstarch into the milk until smooth and then pour the mixture into the pot. Stir in the parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken up quickly. Turn off the saute setting.
- Serve the pasta and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot