Instant Pot Meatballs and Red Potatoes with Creamy Parmesan Sauce–Red potatoes, green beans, meatballs and mushrooms are all covered in a creamy parmesan sauce. An easy one pot meal. Frozen meatballs are used for easy prep purposes. You can also make this in the slow cooker.
Instant Pot Meatballs and Red Potatoes with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. One pot meals are the best! I love the meat, vegetable and carbs all in one pot with one dish to clean up.
This meal is reminiscent of Swedish meatballs with the creamy mushroom sauce. The cool thing about it is that the creamy sauce envelopes all the vegetables too and there’s just flavor and deliciousness in every bite.
I chose to use frozen meatballs for the sake of ease. I buy mine in the big bag from Costco. I’m not sure that uncooked homemade meatballs would be the best choice for this particular recipe. They would get all broken up and wouldn’t cook through at the same rate as the veggies.
More Instant Pot recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Meatballs and Red Potatoes with Creamy Parmesan Sauce I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Red potatoes, green beans, meatballs and mushrooms are all covered in a creamy parmesan sauce. An easy one pot meal. Frozen meatballs are used for easy prep purposes.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8–12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound frozen cooked meatballs (I use Costco meatballs)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic powder and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking prepare the red potatoes. Wash them and cut them into quarters or about 1 ½ inch pieces. Wash and trim the green beans.
- Add the potatoes, beans, meatballs, and broth into the pot. Give a quick stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. The pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure. When the time is up perform a quick release. Remove the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting.
- Warm the half and half up on your stove or in the microwave until it is baby bottle warm. I put mine in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir the cornstarch into the half and half until it is smooth. Stir the half and half mixture and the Parmesan cheese into the pot. The sauce will thicken almost immediately. Once it has thickened turn off the saute setting.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make in the slow cooker: add butter, mushrooms, garlic powder, washed and quartered red potatoes, washed and trimmed green beans, frozen meatballs and 1 cup of broth to your slow cooker. Toss with a large spoon. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until potatoes are cooked through. Turn your slow cooker to high. Stir together half and half (that has been warmed up) and cornstarch together until it is smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Let the sauce thicken for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.