An almost embarrassingly easy recipe for a good old fashioned dinner. Serve the chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, toast or biscuits.
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), trimmed of excess fat*
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet onion soup mix
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- Add water or broth into the Instant Pot. Add in the chicken. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of chicken. Dump cream of mushroom soup on top of chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer on manual (high pressure) for 15 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid.
- Use a spoon to break up the chicken. Serve chicken and gravy over potatoes, noodles, toast, biscuits or rice.
*I used chicken thighs for this recipe because I prefer the dark meat. However, I believe you could make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I would cook for 12 minutes with chicken breasts.
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 1684 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 40 g