Instant Pot Lentil Stew–a comforting bowl of stew that can be make vegan or can be made with smoked sausage. Lentils cook so quickly in the electric pressure cooker! The leftovers make a great lunch the next day too.
Get the SLOW COOKER lentil stew recipe here
Instant Pot Lentil Stew
This lentil stew is super fast and easy to make but tastes absolutely amazing! It’s a healthy dish that can easily be vegan and gluten free, if you desire. It’s made with simple and basic ingredients that you can find in your pantry and in your refrigerator. I was hoping to eat the leftovers the next day for lunch but my husband snatched them up and took them to work. Next time I make this I will double it so we can have more leftovers. I hope you give Instant Pot lentil stew a shot!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Lentil Stew I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A comforting bowl of stew that can be make vegan or can be made with smoked sausage. Lentils cook so quickly in the electric pressure cooker! The leftovers make a great lunch the next day too.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Optional: 10 ounces beef smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch pieces
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl the pot around. Add in the onion and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, broth, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, carrot, and sausage.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. Let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Stir the stew and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is GLUTEN-FREE! Just check the broth to be sure it does not contain gluten.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe with sausage
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 837 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Lentil Stew? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.