A flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the shallot and saute for about 3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Pour in the vegetable broth. Keep the pot on the saute setting while you prepare and dice all the vegetables. The vegetable broth should be boiling or almost boiling when you add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, celery, carrots, zucchini, lima beans, beans/chickpeas, salt, pepper, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and coriander. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Variation: Add in uncooked and rinsed quinoa in the place of the chickpeas or the lima beans.
For a lower sodium version don’t add in the salt and use a low sodium vegetable broth.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. An 8 quart pot can be used with no changes. For 3 quart pots halve the recipe and keep the same cooking time.
Leftovers stay good in the fridge for up to a week. This soup can be frozen although some of the vegetables will be a little mushy when reheated (like the zucchini and peppers).
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American