Easy Slow Cooker Tortellini Lasagna—delicious flavors of lasagna with hardly any of the work. This recipe only has 6 ingredients. It will quickly become a family favorite.
Related: Get the INSTANT POT tortellini lasagna recipe here
Easy Slow Cooker Tortellini Lasagna
When Greg and I went shopping a couple weeks ago at Costco he plunked a double package of the refrigerated tortellini into our shopping cart. I wasn’t sad. I knew that I could use the tortellini to make my popular Tortellini, Spinach and Chicken Soup, many other 365 Days favorites or I could use it to create a new recipe. I ended up using both packages for new recipes. The first recipe didn’t turn out well enough to go on the blog but the second recipe (this one!) was so delicious!
This slow cooker tortellini lasagna recipe takes the tasty flavors of lasagna and then deletes all those time-intensive layers. The hands-on prep time is so minimal.
What if I want to use frozen tortellini? I haven’t tried this yet. However I think it would taste amazing. I would probably go with the same amount of cooking time.
You’ll also like…
Slow Cooker Lasagna Ravioli—a lot like this recipe except it uses frozen ravioli instead of tortellini.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup—All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the slow cooker so it’s super easy to make.
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Easy Slow Cooker Tortellini Lasagna I used my I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect browning the ground sausage before you slow cook.
Delicious flavors of lasagna with hardly any of the work. This recipe only has 6 ingredients. It will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 pound ground sausage (you can use plain sausage or Italian sausage)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds refrigerated tortellini (I got mine from Costco)
- 1 (24 oz) jar/can of favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown the sausage in a pan over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease. Add the sausage to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the water, tortellini and pasta sauce. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until tortellini is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.