It’s National Grilled Cheese Day so I think you should start your day off right with a perfect breakfast…avocado, scrambled egg grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. It’s healthy, protein packed and will keep you full until lunch.
First off I just want to say how much I love egg and avocado together. With bread. It’s the best and I eat it often for lunch. But by adding the pepper jack and grilling it all together into a sandwich it just makes it awesome. I love to add a little bit of mayo and Dijon mustard for a little flavor kick. I think you’ll like it too.
And I really love tomato soup with grilled cheese. I feel like they are made for each other! Here are some tomato soup recipes that you can make in your crockpot in no time.
- Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Chicken and Orzo
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Slow Cooker Sweet Tomato Basil Soup
- Slow Cooker Skinny Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil and Pasta Soup
- Blender Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
Check out the hashtag #celebratefood2016 to see many other amazing bloggers recipes and here are more grilled cheese masterpieces to drool over.
- Grilled Chicken Melts from Real Mom Kitchen
- Spicy Grilled Cheese from The Stay At Home Chef
- Bacon Grilled Cheese from Butter with a Side of Bread
- Chicken Mediterranean Grilled Cheese from Ashlee Marie
- Bananas Foster Melt from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Mushroom Lovers Grilled Cheese from Jamie Cooks It Up
- Ham and Egg Grilled Cheese from Summer Scraps
- Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Croque Monsieur from The Baker Upstairs
If you’d like to receive my posts by email (so you don’t have to remember to check the blog) sign up here. It’s about 2 emails a week and you can unsubscribe at at time.
Avocado, Egg and Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
A healthy and filling breakfast grilled cheese sandwich with pepper jack, avocado and scrambled eggs.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour in beaten eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Using a spatula stir the eggs often until the eggs are cooked through. Scoop the eggs onto a plate.
- Butter the outside portion of each slice of bread. Spread mustard and mayo on the inside of the bread. Place one piece of cheese on the inside of each slice of bread. Add the sliced avocado and the eggs.
- Carefully put the sandwich together in the non-stick pan. A buttered side of bread will be on the pan. Over medium heat cook the sandwich on each side until brown and the cheese is melted.
- Scoop the sandwich on to a plate and slice in half and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
What a great combination Karen! Best. Breakfast. Ever.
Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom says
Adding avocado and egg to grilled cheese is just incredible!!
it’s the best!
Carole from Carole's Chatter says
Hi Karen, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Eggs over at Carole’s Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the fun. Cheers
oh yum! I want to try an egg in my next grilled cheese!
it’s the best
This looks so good! So many of my favorite things in one tasty sandwich!
my favorites too!