A healthy and filling breakfast grilled cheese sandwich with pepper jack, avocado and scrambled eggs.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour in beaten eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Using a spatula stir the eggs often until the eggs are cooked through. Scoop the eggs onto a plate.
- Butter the outside portion of each slice of bread. Spread mustard and mayo on the inside of the bread. Place one piece of cheese on the inside of each slice of bread. Add the sliced avocado and the eggs.
- Carefully put the sandwich together in the non-stick pan. A buttered side of bread will be on the pan. Over medium heat cook the sandwich on each side until brown and the cheese is melted.
- Scoop the sandwich on to a plate and slice in half and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich