Air Fryer Heavenly Chicken–sour cream coated chicken rolled in Ritz cracker crumbs and then cooked and crisped in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Heavenly Chicken
Moist, heavenly chicken! The sour cream and cracker crumb coating helps to keep the moisture in. It is so delicious and tastes great with your favorite dipping sauce (like BBQ, ranch dressing or honey mustard). It had a lot of fun making this chicken for dinner. The rolling of the chicken in crackers crumbs seemed very therapeutic to me. I think you’ll really love it too!
- I used my Instant Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer*. You can also make this in an Instant Pot using your air fryer lid*. If you don’t have an air fryer you can also bake this chicken in the oven. Sometimes I use a crisper tray* in the oven so that the air can circulate around the food and crisp it up.
- Use boneless skinless chicken tenders for ultimate convenience. You can also cup up a boneless, skinless chicken breast into chicken tender size pieces. I suggest cutting the chicken across the grain (as shown in the picture below). The chicken stays much more tender when you cut it this way. I love using my Victorinox knives*. They stay so sharp!
- You can also cook this chicken in the oven. Place in a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F.
- If you don’t have Ritz crackers you can use seasoned breadcrumbs or Panko instead. If you’re trying to eat low carb try crushed pork rinds.
- Try serving air fryer heavenly chicken with Instant Pot parmesan risotto and a side salad or steamed vegetables.
Related: Air Fryer Sunday Dinner Chicken
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Sour cream coated chicken rolled in Ritz cracker crumbs and then cooked and crisped in an air fryer.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed (it’s about 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- If using chicken breasts cut into slices across the grain. They should be about the size of chicken tenders.
- In a bowl stir together the sour cream, kosher salt, onion and paprika.
- Place the crushed crackers on a plate.
- Add the chicken into the sour cream mixture and coat the chicken well.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the cracker crumbs so that all sides are coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the pieces of chicken into the air fryer basket. Give them space and do not overlap or they won’t get crispy.
- Set the air fryer to 400° F for 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over with tongs and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can also cook this chicken in the oven. Place in a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F.
If you don’t have Ritz crackers you can use seasoned breadcrumbs or Panko.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer or Oven
More chicken recipes you’ll love…
Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo–chicken tenders and perfectly steamed broccoli in a creamy, dreamy garlic white sauce.
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Chicken–with only 4 ingredients this chicken is super fast and easy!
Instant Pot Mexican Queso Chicken and Rice–flavorful, tender and moist chicken on top of seasoned rice and drizzled with a cheese sauce.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.