Sour cream coated chicken rolled in Ritz cracker crumbs and then cooked and crisped in an air fryer.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed (it’s about 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- If using chicken breasts cut into slices across the grain. They should be about the size of chicken tenders.
- In a bowl stir together the sour cream, kosher salt, onion and paprika.
- Place the crushed crackers on a plate.
- Add the chicken into the sour cream mixture and coat the chicken well.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the cracker crumbs so that all sides are coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the pieces of chicken into the air fryer basket. Give them space and do not overlap or they won’t get crispy.
- Set the air fryer to 400° F for 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over with tongs and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can also cook this chicken in the oven. Place in a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° F.
If you don’t have Ritz crackers you can use seasoned breadcrumbs or Panko.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer or Oven