Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo–chicken tenders and perfectly steamed broccoli in a creamy, dreamy garlic white sauce. A fast and easy way to make chicken alfredo!
Instant Pot Garlic Chicken Alfredo
When your kid chooses to eat this after school, after football and then for breakfast the next day you know it is a winner! If I wasn’t purposely trying to have a little self control when it comes to eating I would follow in his footsteps. This recipe is mmm mmm good! The chicken tenders are tender and can be easily cut with a fork. The broccoli is steamed perfectly (in the same pot as the chicken!), and the alfredo sauce is seasoned perfectly with a little cajun seasoning. No more boring, blah alfredo (Olive Garden I’m looking at you!). This white sauce has the creamy texture and all the flavor!
- Fresh chicken tenders only need a short 4 minute pressure cooking time with a 5-10 minute natural pressure release. They stay nice and tender and I really love using them in my pressure cooker. If you don’t have chicken tenders you can cut chicken breasts into thick strips (across the grain) and use them instead. You can also use boneless thighs that have been cut into bite size chunks.
- There are a lot of different cajun seasonings out there. I just used the store brand (Smidge and Spoon) from Kroger. The cajun seasoning gives lots of flavor to this dish but if you have a very spicy cajun seasoning you may want to add in only half initially and if you need more add the other half in later. You can always add in more seasoning if needed but it’s hard to calm it down once it’s in there!
- I used a tall trivet* and a pan with a lid* to steam my broccoli at the same time as the chicken cooked (pot in pot method). It worked so nicely and the broccoli didn’t get overcooked as it does if you pressure cook it directly in the pot.
- I used heavy cream to get that creamy, dreamy alfredo taste. You can also use half and half or milk, although it won’t be as thick and flavorful.
- I served the broccoli, chicken and sauce with fettuccine noodles (I cooked the noodles separately on the stove). Other ideas for serving with this dinner are: garlic toast, rice, spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice etc.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. But this can also be made in an 8 quart pot. You can make it in a 3 quart pot without the broccoli pan.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Amish Chicken–sour cream and dill sauce!
Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken–lemon cream sauce!
Instant Pot Garlic Mushroom Chicken–mushrooms, broccoli and chicken!
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Chicken tenders and perfectly steamed broccoli in a creamy, dreamy garlic white sauce. A fast and easy way to make chicken alfredo!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add broth, chicken, butter, cajun seasoning, garlic and garlic powder into Instant Pot.
- In a pan* that fits inside your Instant Pot add the broccoli florets and 1 cup of water. Cover the pan (mine had a lid). Place a tall trivet* into the Instant Pot and place the broccoli pan on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the broccoli pan and drain the water. Set broccoli aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the heavy cream and cornstarch/arrowroot until smooth and creamy. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Stir in the cream mixture. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Once sauce has thickened turn off Instant Pot.
- Stir in the broccoli. Taste test and add more cajun seasoning, if needed.
- Sauce, chicken and broccoli can be served plain or with garlic bread, fettuccine noodles, rice, spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice etc.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.