Air Fryer Sunday Dinner Chicken–use your Instant Pot Duo Crisp or your air fryer to make flavorful, juicy, crisp-skinned chicken drumsticks or thighs.
Air Fryer Sunday Dinner Chicken
I recently got an Instant Pot Duo Crisp and Air Fryer*. It is an Instant Pot that has 2 lids. One for pressure cooking and one for air frying. My first use of it was to make this Sunday dinner chicken. I was impressed. the chicken was flavorful and had crispy brown skin. I was able to fit 6 pieces of chicken on the multi layered air fryer basket. I will definitely be using this new toy a lot! It is handy.
What if I don’t have an Instant Pot Duo Crisp? If you have an air fryer of any sort you can make this recipe. If you don’t have an air fryer you can bake the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 400° F on a foil lined baking sheet.
What kind of chicken? For this recipe I opted for bone-in chicken drumsticks (you can also use bone-in thighs). I think you’ll really love this chicken and I definitely recommend using juicy bone-in chicken. If you’d like to try another cut of chicken (say chicken breasts), please let me know how they turn out. I haven’t tried them myself so I’m hesitant to say how it would go.
What should I serve with Sunday Dinner Chicken? Try serving this chicken with potatoes of any sort (mashed is good!) and some green beans. If you’re trying to eat low carb serve this with a side of cauliflower rice and green salad.
Can I cook more chicken? The thing with the air fryer is that it does better if the food is not crowded and stacked on top of each other. It is able to crisp up the food better. So, personally, I would not cook more than what I recommended in the recipe card (unless you want to cook in batches).
Do you have an air fryer lid? What are your favorite ways to use it?
More Chicken Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
- 4–6 chicken legs or chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add chicken pieces to a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl stir together the paprika, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and toss well so that the chicken is coated in oil and spices.
- For the Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer*: Place the multi-level air fryer basket into your Instant Pot liner. Place half chicken pieces on the bottom level of the air fryer basket and the other half on the top level. Place the air fryer lid on top of the Instant Pot securely. Press the air fryer button and change the temperature to 380° F and the timer to 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes flip the chicken on the top rack (don’t worry about the bottom rack) and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Check that the internal temperature is 165° F. For another type of air fryer*: Try to arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer, without overlapping in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 380° F, flip the chicken pieces and cook for an additional 7 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.