5 Reasons Why I Love My Instant Pot–I’ve been using my Instant Pot* constantly for the past 16 months and I still love it. Here’s why…
5 Reasons Why I Love My Instant Pot
1. It’s good for a procrastinator like me. You may think that because I cooked in my slow cooker every day for a year I was good about planning meals ahead of time. You’re wrong. I’m so bad at it. I’ve never gotten into a good pattern of meal planning or grocery shopping. I am the kind of person who flies by the seat of her pants most days. This does not bode well for dinner time. Oh crap it’s 5:30 pm, what should we have for dinner?! Because I have so many slow cooker recipes in my back pocket that I love I am able to transform them into Instant Pot recipes. Instead of waiting for 4-8 hours for them to be done I can be eating dinner in less than an hour. That’s good for a person like me who doesn’t think ahead. If you’re like me and don’t love meal planning check out my Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Meal Plan for a Month.
2. The saute function. When I first started using my slow cooker I was totally annoyed when I read a recipe that called for browning or sauteing. Oh, the extra step and the extra pan would just put me over the edge. Consequently I would usually skip the step and add the raw onion straight to the crock instead of sauteing it first. This sometimes worked out okay but more often than not the meal would be mediocre and not have the depth of flavor that it could have had. Now with the Instant Pot I can easily turn on the saute function and melt a little butter and saute some chopped onion without getting an extra pan dirty. It’s so convenient for so many recipes! For example I used the saute function to brown the ground turkey in this Instant Pot Creamy Turkey Penne recipe.
3. It’s a set-it-and-forget-it method of cooking. The reason I love my slow cooker so much is that it is an easy, hands off method of cooking. I am not fond of standing around the stove babysitting a pan or a pot. I am fond of throwing stuff in a pot and walking away. So the Instant Pot can provide that for me. I love putting everything in the pot and then cleaning up dishes, setting the table, throwing some laundry in the washing machine and then coming back to a cooked dinner. It’s a blessing! If you’re like me you’ll probably like these 20 Dump and Go Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes.
4. You can use it for more than just dinner. I use my Instant Pot* almost weekly to make yogurt. I am in love with making 2% yogurt at home. I can make a huge amount of yogurt for only $2.00. It’s so worth it for me since a large carton of Greek yogurt is $6 these days! I have also used it to make grains for breakfast. Like steel cut oatmeal or even regular oatmeal and 1 minute quinoa is made weekly at our house. I’ve even had luck making a breakfast casserole in it. Oh and don’t forget the most popular hard boiled eggs!
5. You can cook from frozen. If you read #1 above you know that I’m a procrastinator/not a planner. Therefore I usually have not thawed my meat. Don’t worry there are many ways you can use meat straight out of your freezer in the Instant Pot. For example, I cooked this frozen whole chicken in my Instant Pot. If you’re like me you might also like these 3 ingredient lime chicken tacos from frozen chicken breasts or this forgot-to-defrost Doritos taco salad or this 5-Ingredient Pot Roast from frozen.
What other reasons do you love your Instant Pot? I’d love to know how you use it. Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can buy one easily on Amazon* and have it shipped straight to your home. Before you start using it you may want to read this article I Bought an Instant Pot Now What Do I Do and 10 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners. Good luck!!!
You might also like…
What Pressure Cooker Do You Use?
I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this article about 5 Reasons Why I Love My Instant Pot? Get all my new recipes and articles delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.