Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells—jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with a beefy cheesy mixture and smothered in marinara sauce.
Related: INSTANT POT stuffed shells recipe
Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells
These stuffed shells have great flavor! My son ate and ate and ate them until he couldn’t eat anymore. Many stuffed shells recipes use cheese and spinach. I decided to stuff them with a ground beef and cheese mixture. They had amazing flavor!
I stuffed the pasta shells without boiling them first. It was a little bit difficult but I like to take kitchen shortcuts when I can and not getting out a pot of boiling water was worth any effort it took to stuff the hard pasta shells.
This recipe makes a lot of shells and can feed about 8 people. If you’re serving a smaller group then I would suggest halving the recipe. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
These shells are the bomb diggity. They are my kids new favorite food! Try them out soon.
What should I serve with Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells?
I’m a fan of a plain green salad with the olive garden salad dressing. You could also serve with garlic bread or garlic knots to sop up of some of the marinara sauce.
More Recipes You’ll Love…
Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with a beefy cheesy mixture and smothered in marinara sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 oz) box jumbo pasta shells (has about 42 shells in it)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (26 oz jar or can) marinara sauce
- In a pan over medium high heat brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil, onion powder, parsley and oregano. Stir.
- Add cottage/ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella and parmesan into the bowl with the meat. Stir to combine.
- Use your fingers to stuff the meat mixture into the pasta shells. Some shells will be easier to stuff than others.
- Place each of the shells into the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour 2 cups water over the shells and then pour the marinara sauce over the top evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until pasta is tender. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.