Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Mac–an easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal.
Get the Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Mac
What could be better than a warm bowl of chicken chili or a warm bowl of macaroni and cheese? I’ll tell you what! A warm bowl of the two mixed together. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Mac is something I’ve been wanting to make for a while and today was snowy and cold and I decided it would be a perfect time to make it. This is a perfect family meal. Kids love it, adults love it. I love this recipe because it’s all made in one pot–your crockpot. No browning or sauteing is necessary. And I just added the uncooked pasta straight into the slow cooker instead of boiling it on the stove.
More recipes you’ll love…
See all my recipes that contain BEANS here
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this slow cooker chicken chili mac recipe I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
An easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Pinto Chili Beans, with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Kidney Chili Beans, with juice
- 10 oz dry macaroni noodles
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Add chicken, broth, onion, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes and both cans of beans (with juice) to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Add uncooked macaroni noodles and tomato sauce. Shred or cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken back into slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 30 more minutes, or until macaroni is tender. Add in grated cheese, parsley. Taste and then add additional salt and pepper and chili powder and cumin to taste. Stir. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 38 g
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.