Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with a beefy cheesy mixture and smothered in marinara sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 oz) box jumbo pasta shells (has about 42 shells in it)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (26 oz jar or can) marinara sauce
- In a pan over medium high heat brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil, onion powder, parsley and oregano. Stir.
- Add cottage/ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella and parmesan into the bowl with the meat. Stir to combine.
- Use your fingers to stuff the meat mixture into the pasta shells. Some shells will be easier to stuff than others.
- Place each of the shells into the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour 2 cups water over the shells and then pour the marinara sauce over the top evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until pasta is tender. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Slow Cooker