Creamy broth, chunks of Italian sausage, spinach, carrots and pasta combine to make a hearty soup perfect for a cold winter night.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into quarter inch rounds
- 10–12 ounces of uncooked bowtie pasta
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk (or half and half or heavy cream)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz chopped spinach or kale
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the sausage and onion. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Drain off any excess grease. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, carrots, pasta, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Pour in the evaporated milk, parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian