Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders–tender shredded chicken with lime and cilantro flavors served on a mini bun or roll. A super easy recipe that has loads of flavor.
Get the INSTANT POT Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders recipe here
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders
When I told my husband what I was making he was skeptical and took an unseasoned portion of chicken for himself to smother in barbecue sauce. Then I let him have a bite of the finished product and he was surprised, “whoa! this is really good!” I told you it’d be good. Why did you even doubt me?
Basically this is a light chicken salad sandwich with mexican flare. You can serve the chicken cold or hot, it’s up to you. I served mine warm. If you’re axing carbs from your diet you can serve this chicken as a lettuce wrap or serve it with an avocado. If you freely eat carbs serve the chicken on a bun, roll or wrapped in a tortilla.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders I used my small 3 quart slow cooker.* I love this little slow cooker because it’s super cute and it’s just the perfect size for side dishes, drinks or small meals. It fits into my sink so I can easily hand wash it and it fits in the bottom or top of my dishwasher so I can easily stick it in there to get clean. I try to use this 3 quart slow cooker any time I can!Print
Tender shredded chicken with lime and cilantro flavors served on a mini bun or roll. A super easy recipe that has loads of flavor.
- 2 (about 1 1/2 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Optional for serving: slider buns, rolls, tortillas, lettuce leaves
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Pour broth over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours for thawed chicken or 6 hours for frozen chicken.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board. Shred the chicken (I use these*) and place it in a bowl.
- Stir the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, mayonnaise and cilantro into the bowl. Coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Taste the chicken and then add additional salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
- Serve chicken as desired.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (just chicken)
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
Keywords: keto, slow cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.