Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto and Vegetables–tender bites of chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and potatoes enveloped in flavorful basil pesto sauce. An easy one pot meal that you can make in your crockpot.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto and Vegetables
When I made this recipe for slow cooker chicken pesto and vegetables I did the “one pot meal” dance. That involves me dancing around my kitchen island while my kids watch me warily. I just love one pot meals that contain the protein and the vegetables and the starch all together.
I love the “freshness” factor in this dish as well. The basil pesto is so tasty. I buy mine at Costco in a jar and use it for all sorts of recipes. The green and yellow zucchini squash and the tomatoes add a summer twist to this dish as well. This is a healthy meal that is great as dinner and the leftovers are perfect the next day too!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto and Vegetables I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Tender bites of chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and potatoes enveloped in flavorful basil pesto sauce. An easy one pot meal that you can make in your slow cooker.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or red potatoes
- 1 medium yellow zucchini squash
- 1 medium green zucchini squash
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the pot. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place into the pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the chicken. Cut the potatoes into quarters (or 1 inch cubes). Put the potatoes on top of the chicken.
- Slow cook. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare vegetables. While the chicken and potatoes are cooking cut your zucchinis into quarters: cut off each end of zucchini and cut lengthwise in half. Cut each half in half again ending up with quarters. Line up quarters and slice across zucchini. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Finish the dish. Remove the lid. Stir the zucchinis and tomatoes into the pot. Let the zucchini heat up and partially cook in the hot pot for about 5 minutes. Then gently stir in the pesto. Toss together. Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: one pot meal
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Pesto and Vegetables? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.