An easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Pinto Chili Beans, with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Kidney Chili Beans, with juice
- 10 oz dry macaroni noodles
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Add chicken, broth, onion, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes and both cans of beans (with juice) to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Add uncooked macaroni noodles and tomato sauce. Shred or cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken back into slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 30 more minutes, or until macaroni is tender. Add in grated cheese, parsley. Taste and then add additional salt and pepper and chili powder and cumin to taste. Stir. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 38 g