A simple noodle casserole that was supposedly served by the first lady during her stay in the White House. This casserole uses basic ingredients and comes together quickly with the help of your Instant Pot and air fryer lid.
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth (or 3 ½ cups water + 1 Tbsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 (12 oz) package egg noodles
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Dump the noodles into the pot. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Some of the egg noodles might be a little crunchy, it’s okay.
- Stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chives.
- If you have an air fryer lid then place the pieces of butter randomly on top of the noodles. Then place the air fryer lid on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350° F. You can also pile the noodles into a casserole dish, dot with butter and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350° F.
If served as a side dish this serves about 8. If it’s the main dish it will serve 4-6.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid