Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana–like Olive Garden…only better! An easy, flavorful soup with potatoes, bacon, kale and parmesan.
Get the SLOW COOKER recipe here
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
If you’re a fan of the zuppa toscana at Olive Garden you’re going to love this Instant Pot version! Personally, I think it’s much better homemade than from the restaurant. I made it for my family and parents and everyone loved it so much. I served it alongside a side salad and a slice of homemade cornbread. It was a perfect fall supper!
- I used a mild ground Italian sausage that was the store brand. If you want it a little spicy try hot Italian sausage.
- I used Russet potatoes that were cut into 1 inch cubes. You can also make this with red or yellow potatoes.
- I love keeping a large container of Better than Bouillon in my fridge for recipes like this one. Instead of cans or cartons of broth just use water and a little chicken base.
- If you use kale make sure to only use the leafy portion and discard the rib portion in the middle of the leaf. They are bitter and don’t taste good.
- I love cooking bacon in my air fryer*! No popping or sizzling and staining!
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can make this in the 8 quart pot with no changes. For the 3 quart pot, halve the recipe and keep the same cooking time.
- If you don’t have a soup button on your pressure cooker just use the pressure cook/manual button. The soup button helps broths remain clear.
More Amazing Instant Pot Soup Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Like Olive Garden…only better! An easy, flavorful soup with potatoes, bacon, kale and parmesan.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth (or 6 cups water and 2 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3–4 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minute and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Ladle about 1-2 cups of hot broth into the heavy cream to temper it. Pour the mixture into the pot. Add in the kale/spinach and parmesan cheese. Crumble the bacon and stir it in.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy with extra parmesan!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.