Instant Pot Two Timin’ Pasta–can’t choose between marinara or alfredo? Now you don’t have to! Try this easy dump and go Instant Pot pasta recipe that takes 5 minutes of prep!
Instant Pot Two Timin’ Pasta (+ video)
Haha! I saw a recipe that was called two timin’ pasta and had to see what it was all about. It was a recipe that had both marinara and alfredo sauce for those of you who can’t choose between the two sauces when you go out for Italian food. This pasta is a simple dump and go recipe that everyone will be a fan of. The sauce is creamy with some acidity too from the tomato based sauce. For me, it it the perfect compromise.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer*. You can also make this with no changes in an 8 quart pot. For the 3 quart pot, halve all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
- I used a jar of Ragu for the marinara sauce and a jar of Classico roasted garlic alfredo for the white sauce. Use whatever brand of sauce you like best.
- I used a box of penne rigate. You can also use bowties, cavatappi, elbow macaroni, small shells or another short cut pasta.
- If you’d like to add meat to this recipe you can. Try adding in chopped rotisserie chicken. Or you can cut up small bite size cubes of uncooked chicken breasts or thighs and add them in with the pasta. Another option is to brown ground beef or turkey on the sauté setting and then deglazing the pot with step 1 in the recipe card.
- If you like this recipe try Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta. It’s a similar recipe except it uses salsa in the place of marinara sauce.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Can’t choose between marinara or alfredo? Now you don’t have to! Try this easy dump and go Instant Pot pasta recipe that takes 5 minutes of prep!
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon chicken base
- 1 (16 oz) box penne pasta
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (15 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 oz) block of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Stir in the bouillon.
- Sprinkle in the pasta evenly.
- Dump the marinara and alfredo over the pasta. Do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting to release any remaining pressure.
- Stir well. Stir in the mozzarella cheese. If desired, use the air fryer lid to “bake” the pasta at 350° F for 5 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.