A quick and easy weeknight meal that combines ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, onions and bell pepper plus some seasonings, like chili powder. This recipe all cooks in one pot, your Instant Pot, for super easy cleanup.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup brown rice or white rice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced, stewed or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onions and half of the salt. Break up the beef and brown for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice and use a spoon to press it down (don’t stir). Add in the chili powder, the other half of the salt, pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste and Worcestershire.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 22 minutes for brown rice and 5 minutes for white rice. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese and diced green pepper. Cover and let the pot sit on warm for 5-10 more minutes. Remove lid and serve.
Recipe adapted from A Family Feast
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot