Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Alfredo—creamy fettuccine noodles and tender bites of chicken and vegetables with a slight sweet and savory twist from teriyaki sauce.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Alfredo
I saw a recipe for teriyaki chicken alfredo on Our Best Bites yesterday and immediately knew that I needed to adapt it to the Instant Pot. Most one pot pasta dishes can be adapted easily to the Instant Pot and this did not disappoint. It is a mashup of creamy dreamy chicken Alfredo and a teriyaki bowl with veggies.
In the past I’ve had mixed results with fettuccine noodles in the Instant Pot. Sometimes they get stuck together. Sometimes part of them are crunchy while the other part gets soft. I was pleasantly surprised at how awesome these noodles turned out. The reason? The criss-cross pattern and the layering process. Because the noodles were placed on top of the chicken they couldn’t burn to the bottom of the pot. And since there were lots of moisture-releasing veggies on top of the noodles they were able to cook all the way through evenly. Try it!!! I think you’ll be happy with the results.
Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because I like how moist and tender they are. You can also pound chicken breasts 1 inch thick and slice them up for your Instant Pot teriyaki chicken alfredo. The reason you want to pound the chicken is because this recipe only uses a 6 minute cooking time (so the noodles and veggies don’t get overcooked). Chicken that is thin can cook very quickly.
Veggies: I used carrots, green beans and bell peppers. Other choices would be sliced mushrooms, broccoli (although it might get mushy) or snap peas. You really can get creative with the type of veggies that you use. The main thing I would suggest is to put the most tender vegetables on top. The closer they are to the heating element the more done they will get. That’s why layering is important in this dish.
Pasta: You can use fettuccine noodles for this recipe but lots of other types of pasta work just as well. Try lingiune, cavatappi or penne too!
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Creamy fettuccine noodles with tender bites of chicken and vegetables with a slight sweet and savory twist from teriyaki sauce.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1 inch thick)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 ½ inches long by ½ inch thick pieces
- 8 oz fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 bell pepper, cored and sliced (your choice of color)
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken into the bottom of Instant Pot and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, pepper and salt.
- Break the fettuccine in half and lay it in a criss-cross pattern on top of the chicken. Pour the broth into the pot.
- Layer the carrots on top of fettuccine, followed by the green beans and finally the bell pepper.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting to remove any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. In a bowl whisk together half and half, teriyaki sauce and cornstarch until smooth. Stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken quickly. Once sauce is thickened turn off your Instant Pot. Slice or cut the chicken or serve whole.
- Salt and pepper to taste (this is important depending on how salty your teriyaki sauce is). Serve the noodles, vegetables and chicken and enjoy! Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.