Instant Pot Star Wars Potatoes–buttery, well-seasoned, diced red and yellow potatoes. Make them fast in your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Star Wars Potatoes
Since today is “May the 4th be with you” (also my birthday–holla!) I decided to scour the internet for Star Wars-themed recipes. I came across Han’s “Dice”-d Potatoes. I changed them up to make them in the Instant Pot and I was very pleased with the results. Maybe you can even dress up your Instant Pot as R2-D2.
I don’t know about you but boiling a pot of potatoes seems to take forever and the oven takes like an hour to thoroughly cook potatoes. But when you use your Instant Pot you can quickly steam the potatoes in just a 3 minute pressure cooking time. You’ll need a steamer basket*. By using the steamer basket and keeping the potatoes above the water they won’t turn out grainy and mushy, but instead they’ll be perfectly cooked.
Once the potatoes are cooked you simply melt some butter and fold the potatoes in the butter and seasonings. They turn out so nicely! You’ll love these potatoes for breakfast or dinner.
Ingredients you’ll need…
- Red and yellow potatoes–I had a bag of mixed baby red and yellow potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Smoked paprika
Add 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Wash and cut potatoes into cubes. I don’t peel red and yellow potatoes because I like the skins!
Add the potatoes to a steamer basket* and drop the basket into the Instant Pot.
Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Move the steamer basket out of the pot. Discard water and dry out pot.
Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Add in the butter and let it melt. Turn off the pot. Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and paprika.
Fold in the potatoes and coat with the butter and seasonings.
Serve and enjoy!
- These potatoes make a great side dish to a hearty breakfast with eggs, sausage and waffles! You can also serve these potatoes as a side dish to dinner with pork chops, chicken, steak, burgers etc.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot.
- This recipe is gluten-free.
- I used my silicone steamer basket*.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other recipes you can make with red potatoes are Instant Pot Lemon Herbed Chicken And Red Potatoes and Needy Husband Casserole.
More Instant Pot Potatoes Recipes…
Instant Pot Man Lovin Potatoes
Cheesy red potatoes with bacon, sour cream, onions and seasonings. Everyone (including the men in your life) will love these potatoes…they are like a party in your mouth!
Instant Pot Wedding Potatoes
Homemade cheesy, saucy potatoes topped with crispy, crunchy BBQ potato chips.
Crash Potatoes are tender red potatoes that are smashed, seasoned, cheesed up and baked until crispy.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Instant Pot Star Wars Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Buttery, well-seasoned, diced red and yellow potatoes. Make them fast in your Instant Pot!
- 2 1/2–2 3/4 pounds red and yellow potatoes (I had a bag of mixed baby red and yellow potatoes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Add 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Wash and cut potatoes into cubes. Add the potatoes to a steamer basket* and drop the basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Move the steamer basket out of the pot. Discard water and dry out pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Add in the butter and let it melt. Turn off the pot. Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and paprika.
- Fold in the potatoes and coat with the butter and seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Susan H says
Recently I chose to not eat meat. These potatoes look delicious so I will definitely be making them soon. Maybe this evening.
Happy birthday to you 🎈
Thank you Susan!!
love it! I am a potato fan and vegetarian. My 7yo got the star wars cookbook. He makes so much fun stuff and yes!!!, we modify to crockpot or Air fryer! I love your take on this and we’ll be making it tonight! Thank you for sharing! Happy belated birthday my kiddo’s was the 3rd!
Thank you May!
Kim B. says
2 funny! Today is MY birthday as well! May the 4th be with us ALL!!!
I’ll jump on these ‘taters soon as I can & be back with stars, they look so yummy!
Oh yeah!!! I think I remember this from last year haha! That is so fun! We are twins.
They sound tasty but I’m confused about what they have to do with Star Wars….? HBD
lol the original recipe linked above explains it all but certainly it was a stretch
Do you think I can make these in the IP Mini for just two of us? (I have one of those fold-in metal steamer baskets.) If so, should I reduce the water to 1 cup; also I thought it might add more flavor to use chicken broth instead of plain water.
Yes you could do that as long as it fits. 1 cup of water should do!
Shelly Applin says
I’ve saved this recipe and am looking forward to making it when it cools down a little (day 2 of 30 degrees Celsius in Alberta, Canada). Have made many of your recipes and love them! Happy Birthday!🎂
Oh man that is hot for Canada!!!
Oh My Gosh!!! Potatoes look and sound great, but now I’m sad. I was expecting to see your pot dressed up as R2-D2!!! Haha!! 😃
lol maybe next year!
Sharon Schroeter says
This looks like a great recipe!
Happy Birthday Karen! May 4th is my birthday
& also my younger son’s birthday!
Oh how awesome! My sister who is 7 years older than me has a birthday on may 4th as well. I guess it’s just for the cool people!