Instant Pot St. Patty’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage–tender sliced corned beef served with cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. Only 6 ingredients are needed to create this delicious one pot meal.
Instant Pot St. Patty’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage
Top of the morning to you! If you’re looking for something EASY and delicious to make for St. Patrick’s Day I’ve got a great recipe for you. After making Instant Pot St. Patty’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage I will never make corned beef in any other way again. The Instant Pot makes it so fast and easy. The corned beef turns out tender and sliceable. You need to try it!
You’ll start this recipe by placing a quartered onion and some broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Next you’ll rinse off the corned beef. It’s important to rinse the corned beef because the beef has been cured or “corned.” This is a pickling process that uses a lot of salt and spices to infuse the meat. There will be excess salt lingering on the surface of the brisket. By rinsing off the meat you’ll make sure it’s not too salty of a meal. Don’t worry because rinsing the brisket won’t make the beef taste bland! The flavor is infused deep into the beef during the curing process.
Next you’ll place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the rinsed corned beef on top (I had a trivet that came with my Instant Pot). You’ll pressure cook it for 70 minutes. 70 minutes will give you a tender but sliceable corned beef. While the corned beef is cooking you can prepare your potatoes, carrots and cabbage. After the corned beef has finished with a natural pressure release you can move it to a cutting board to rest. Pop the vegetables into Instant Pot and pressure cook for 3 minutes. Perfectly cooked vegetables that are seasoned well from the corned beef will come out of your pot. Slice up the corned beef thinly and serve with the vegetables and enjoy a wonderful meal!
What to do with leftover corned beef? Make a Rueben sandwich! Pile corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing on top of grilled slices of rye bread. Or try my Instant Pot Red Flannel Hash! It’s so good! You could also use corned beef in the place of smoked sausage in the Instant Pot campfire hash.
You’ll also like…
Instant Pot Corned Beef Dinner With Mustard Sauce–corned beef is topped with a tangy sauce made of sour cream, dijon mustard and garlic.
Instant Pot 5 Ingredient Pot Roast Dinner (from frozen)–the easiest roast recipe around
Instant Pot Cheater Beef Stew–only 5 ingredients!
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Tender sliced corned beef served with cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. Only 6 ingredients are needed to create this delicious one pot meal.
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2–3 pounds corned beef brisket (with or without seasoning packet)
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4–5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Add broth and onion into Instant Pot. Place a trivet into Instant Pot.
- Rinse off corned beef and place on top of the trivet. Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the corned beef.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 70 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10-15 minutes and then move valve to venting. Open the lid.
- Scrape off the seasonings and place the corned beef on top of a cutting board and let it rest.
- Add carrots, potatoes and cabbage into the Instant Pot. Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting.
- Slice the corned beef in thin slices across the grain. Serve with the vegetables.
If your corned beef didn’t come with a seasoning packet you can use your own seasonings. Use 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds, 1 tsp whole black peppercorns, 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp whole allspice, 3 whole cloves, 3 bay leaves, ½ tsp ground ginger
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.