Tender sliced corned beef served with cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. Only 6 ingredients are needed to create this delicious one pot meal.
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2–3 pounds corned beef brisket (with or without seasoning packet)
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4–5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Add broth and onion into Instant Pot. Place a trivet into Instant Pot.
- Rinse off corned beef and place on top of the trivet. Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the corned beef.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 70 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10-15 minutes and then move valve to venting. Open the lid.
- Scrape off the seasonings and place the corned beef on top of a cutting board and let it rest.
- Add carrots, potatoes and cabbage into the Instant Pot. Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting.
- Slice the corned beef in thin slices across the grain. Serve with the vegetables.
If your corned beef didn’t come with a seasoning packet you can use your own seasonings. Use 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds, 1 tsp whole black peppercorns, 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp whole allspice, 3 whole cloves, 3 bay leaves, ½ tsp ground ginger
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot