Instant Pot Campfire Hash—traditionally made over a campfire this potato, smoked sausage and corn dish is much faster and easier when made in your Instant Pot. Plus there are no ashes to pick out 😜
Instant Pot Campfire Hash (video)
This dinner was so simple with only 10 ingredients but it will definitely live on repeat at my house. I loved it! The smoky flavor from the smoked sausages and smoked paprika just upped it to a new level. I was thinking that this recipe would be good with ham or corned beef in the place of smoked sausage. If you try it let me know!
To make Instant Pot campfire hash you’ll need a steamer basket. I like the Avokado brand silicone steamer basket*. I bought mine on Amazon. It works great in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. I like how it fits a lot of potatoes and lifts easily in and out of the pot without spilling.
You’ll steam the potatoes first and then add in the rest of the ingredients and toss until warmed through. The potatoes get a little soft and almost creamy. If you want them firmer and less soft just pressure cook for less time (4 minutes instead of 6).
Try these other IP recipes too!
Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes–Danielle said, “This is so good! I will be making again!”
Instant Pot Wisconsin Special–Mike said, “I can’t believe something this simple is so addictive.”
Instant Pot Lazy Sunday Dinner–Jake said, “This recipe was easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again.”
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Traditionally made over a campfire this potato, smoked sausage and corn dish is much faster and easier when made in your Instant Pot.
Equipment needed: steamer basket*
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds of red potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 12 to 16 ounces of smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles (I used mild)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp to 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot (1.5 cups for 8 quart pot). Add potatoes and onion into steamer basket.
- Place steamer basket into Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 6 minutes for soft potatoes or 4 minutes for more firm potatoes.
- When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Pour out water and dry bottom of Instant Pot liner. Place liner back into Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Stir in the potatoes, onions, sausage, green chiles, corn, smoked paprika, salt (start with ½ tsp and go up from there, if needed) and pepper. Toss well. Heat through and then turn pot to warm or turn off completely.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.