Creamy, cheesy pasta with fresh spinach and chopped artichokes is a perfect way to indulge while sneaking in some greens.
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth (or water or vegetable broth)
- 16 ounces (1 pound) cavatappi, cellentani or macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 or 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Add in the uncooked pasta and salt.
- Cover and secure lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. When time is up let the pot sit there for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the artichokes and spinach. Stir the spinach in until it is wilted and cooks down. Add in the Monterey jack cheese and the parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle in a bit of red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you wanted to use frozen spinach I believe that you totally could. Just thaw it and drain as much water as possible off of it before adding it into the pot.
To make gluten free: Check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Replace noodles with gluten-free noodles and reduce the cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot